All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who would be responsible for managing, guiding, and supporting the Informatics Customer Success Managers (CSMs). As key customer advocates within the Informatics Customer Success team, this team is responsible for enabling and maintaining customer success through the lifecycle of a customer, beginning in pre-sales through to post sales with the overall goals of engaging, retaining and helping enable our customers to fully utilize Illumina Informatics within their labs. The CSM Manager will drive process for CSM pre-sales engagement, implementation and deployment of the software, as well as effective and efficient post-implementation monitoring. The key focus areas for the CSM Manager will be to ensure a timely implementation for the customer to see quick time to value after purchase as well as ensure renewals come in on time along with driving growth and expansion within the current customer base.
The successful candidate will have exceptional people, management, and organization skills, along with experience in sales/account management and project coordination with a level of practical knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, processes, tools and techniques. Ideally from the world of software, the person we seek is well-rounded, proactive and pragmatic. Applicants must be self-motivated and solution focused. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment is fundamental. Knowledge and understanding of the Next Generation Sequencing market and genomics field is ideal. Above all, the candidate will be passionate about a comprehensive software solution as well as providing an exceptional customer communication and support.
- Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point of contact. Build credibility and trust within the CSM team
- Drive the CSM team to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for revenue, expansion, project deadlines, time to value, and overall customer satisfaction
- Provide operational support and guidance to CSM team members
- Implement and maintain team best practices, tools, templates and examples to drive operational efficiency
- Identify and act on opportunities to advance the CSM team
- Set team goals in alignment with Global Customer Success objectives. Assist CSM team in the definition and attainment of individual goals.
- Ensure that all CSM team members have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective successful outcomes for our customers
- Represent the CSM team at internal technical meetings
- Collect feedback from team on general market requirements/trends and feedback into Products team
- Deliver performance reviews for all direct reports and provide regular feedback on performance in terms of agreed upon performance and employee development goals.
- Manage workflows and schedules for direct reports and ensure adequate workload coverage
- Manage key processes including FAQ analysis, case reviews, and customer feedback analysis
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience
- 3+ years managing Customer Success professionals
- 5+ years of experience in a Customer Success Manager role
- A leader with a “can do” attitude, Strong commitment to personal excellence, self-motivated, self-sufficient and resourceful
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and advanced organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment involving multiple stakeholders
- Strong customer service orientation, adept at customer expectation management
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately
- Ability to effectively work with tight schedules and fast paced environment
- Capable problem solver that develops effective solutions for complex problems
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Previous experience working in a research lab and/or knowledge of the life sciences market
- Technical capability to learn and become proficient with analytical software
- Experience with project management methodologies, processes, tools and techniques
- Functional or technical salesforce.com and Zendesk application knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Biology or related discipline