Do you have a deep passion around technology? Do you live for solving problems? Do you get jazzed about helping developers overcome issues? If so, we want to talk to you!
As part of a team that is revolutionizing how businesses share and manage content, the Platform Support Specialist compliments his/her general knowledge of Box with a focus and deep expertise in the Box Platform. This critical SME role is a cross-functional resource (User Services, Customer Success, Engineering and Product) tasked to provide detailed knowledge, insights, and “deep dive” effort to aid in the user’s success with the Box Platform. In short, the Platform Support Specialist will need to document, teach and be a point of escalation - working with many different team members to ensure the developer’s support experience is world-class.
Ideally you enjoy customer interaction, solving tough issues, and want to grow into an increasingly technical role. You are smart, resourceful, and a team player excited to solve problems, advocate for users, and amplify Box's core values. You value a fun environment and are passionate about teaching others. Above all, you understand what putting-the-user first means.
- Serve as an escalation point for Platform-related issues from our global User Services team.
- Be an expert in the Box Platform and API, working alongside Box Consulting, User Services, and the Box Platform Teams to ensure customers are successful developing and deploying their mission critical applications using Box API’s.
- Provide awesome service to customers, excelling in empathy, ownership and action.
- Work closely with Platform Product and Engineering teams to coordinate product launches and internal communication, resources, and training.
- Run reporting and support-related metrics for both User Services and Platform Product teams.
- Support the maintenance of technical developer documentation.
- Develop and deliver trainings on the Platform to the wider User Services team.
- Resolve web-based, phone, and email requests via our CRM, community, phone, remote assistance and other tools.
- Innovate: Conceptualize and execute improvements to our process, product, and knowledge.
- Have a blast making one of the fastest growing cloud companies even better!
- BA/BS degree from top college/university
- 1-2 years of experience working with customers in a technical role
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or previous experience supporting developers.
- Exhibited strength in at least one, object-oriented programming language.
- A strong sense of empathy with customers trying to use our products
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions to tricky problems
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally you are an existing Box user or have experimented on the Box Platform and want to make our product better
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other tracking tools would be a plus
- Experience writing code or working with API’s