CS Operations, Gainsight Administrator
We’re looking for a Customer Success Operations, Gainsight Administrator to join our Business Operations team. You will leverage your affinity for technology, data, and process to support our Customer Success organization by managing the systems (Gainsight) they utilize, and designing, documenting, and enabling the processes used. You’ll be a strategic partner to Customer Success org, and be able to provide insight and data analysis to the team.
You have knowledge of the benefits, limitations, and configuration of Gainsight, and are responsible for supporting the related business processes. You have worked with a team of stakeholders, implementing solutions to better the company and the system. You are a solution-driven team member always focused on delivering consistent value to your users. While you have a pragmatic approach toward building solutions, you are eager to learn new ways of doing things, new technologies and new approaches. The mission of CS Ops Analyst and the broader Business Operations team is to enable employees across our business departments to operate more efficiently, have the data they need to make informed decisions, and spend their time in the most valuable ways for their roles.
This position will report directly to our Manager of Revenue Operations. As part of the Biz Ops team, you will work with teams across the company in addition to just customer success, including customer implementation & solutions, customer support, product science, product marketing, product education & training, and partnerships as just a few examples.
The person who will love this job is:
- An inquisitive problem solver – you take the time to dig deep to identify the problems below the surface
- An expert operator – you love building systems that ensure things run efficiently
- A meticulous organizer – you have a natural ability to craft order from chaos and a determination to get the details right
- A collaborative partner – you know that working cross-functionally is the best way to get the job done and you're comfortable stating your case for positive change
- A true facilitator - you love helping others be great at their work
- A self- starter (and finisher) - if you see an opportunity to improve a system, you take responsibility for that improvement and make it happen
At data.world, you will:
- Design and launch processes, workflows, and automations that drive internal efficiencies, level-up the effectiveness of our Success team, and deliver greater value to our customers.
- Drive repeatable outcomes with our customer facing teams, enabling them to more efficiently manage their customers
- Perform day-to-day administration, configuration and troubleshooting of our Gainsight environment
- Provide technical and functional support to users of Gainsight and related applications
- Support customer success team in presenting solutions to meet stakeholder requirements
- Design/improve Gainsight Dashboards and Reports to meet end-user requirement
- Create Gainsight flows to automate business processes and improve data quality within the Gainsight environment
- Collaborate with team on providing everyday end-user support (via Slack and development of internal support tool)
- Manages the intake of requirements for changes to the platform, contributes to focus group sessions and governance forums, validates requirements with managers and end users
- Log and track identified system problems through resolution
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment to facilitate timely responses to changing project requirements.
- Performs, upgrades and completes system maintenance
We’d love to see:
- 2+ years of Customer Success Operations experience in a high growth SaaS start-up.
- System Expertise: Gainsight, JIRA SM, CRM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data expertise: Querying and scoping (SQL, Gainsight), analysis (Tableau, Excel/Gsheets), summarizing (pivot tables, charts, slides, written explanation), reporting (dashboards, repositories).
- Experience in building custom reports and thinking analytical about what needs to be measured
- Familiarity with reviewing and understanding data used to build dashboards and reports
- An understanding of how to analyze and improve customer health scores
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners in Technology and Customer Success
- Experience working across time zones, with audiences at all levels, including executive audiences
Big pluses include:
- Certifications in Gainsight & JIRA
- Experience working in the data and analytics industry
- Background in customer-facing or services roles
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure and stock opportunity
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Company-paid life, disability insurance, and legal coverage;
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible hybrid work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.