Customer Success Manager
Meaningful Gigs has built a strong community of African designers for Creative, Marketing, and Product teams who value highly skilled and diverse designers. We continually invest in our community through technology which helps our designers upskill and grow.
Our Vision is to create 100,000 skilled jobs for Africans by 2028.
We’re looking for a driven and skilled Customer Success Manager who loves to build relationships and is a strong communicator. Ideally, we'd like to work with someone who is curious, creative, and loves solving problems. You should be hungry to learn and be a quick study when you do.
What you'll do:
- Determine which designers are the best match for clients, arrange introductions and communication between designers and clients, and cultivate strong relationships between both sides of the marketplace.
- Build strong relationships with customers to maintain old business and acquire new clients.
- Work to understand and find solutions to client and designer needs and keep track of all resolutions and processes that pertain to the customers' desires.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to ensure that clients and designers are experiencing a positive customer-company relationship.
- Collect and analyze data concerning consumer behavior to understand changing needs, with a focus on improving the customer experience within the matching and gig process.
What you’ll get:
- Experience designing an increasingly complex platform in the early stages by impacting the decision-making process for strategy at the highest levels of the business.
- An opportunity to work at a values-driven organization with a chance to make a real impact on the lives of millions of people.
- Autonomy and authority to experiment with and implement new technologies, customer service strategies, and frameworks.
- In the medium to long term, the opportunity to lead a team of Customer Success Managers under your responsibility.
We’re a small, values-driven team of 8 with a vision of creating 100,000 skilled jobs in Africa by 2028.
We want to build a billion-dollar business – not because we’re driven by money, but because reaching our goals will contribute to creating a thriving middle class in Africa.
We recently raised a $1M+ seed round from some awesome investors including ReThink Education and Gaingels.
We’re excited to build the next generation of products that delights our customers and gives our designers tools for continuous improvement.
Our Core Values:
- Courage *Push outside your comfort zone and learn from your mistakes
- Empathy *Actively listen and be considerate
- Integrity *Do what you say and communicate openly
- Grit *Put in continuous effort and think long-term
- 5+ years experience in customer success management or related role
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills for analyzing customer data
- The awareness that your knowledge is incomplete; the curiosity to seek out what you don’t know; and the courage to tackle learning it
- Startup experience
- Advanced motivational and negotiation skills
- Experience working with designers and a deep understanding of their skills and processes
- Experience managing customers for companies of 500+ employees