Customer Success Manager - Japan
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 9/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 400 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
About the Role
Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer experience in the cybersecurity industry.
As a Customer Success Manager, you are a critical part of our customers’ adoption of our security products. You act as their day-to-day contact, establishing relationships with them to ensure standard methodologies for their secure environments. You'll guide them for quick and consistent adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You have in-depth knowledge of indicators of success, bringing to bear data and your analytical aptitudes to guide changes, updates, and improvements.
You will work closely with CISOs, security architects, security engineers, and development operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises, so you'll need to feel confident presenting implementation plans to all ranges of technical ability.
- Lead client's onboarding experience, adoption, and expansion across a range of relationships
- Develop a positive relationship with customer shareholders, channel partners, and executive sponsors to drive product adoption
- Be a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Coach customers on how to establish and implement their cloud security change management, governance, and center of excellence programs
- Identify and advance risks to the customer and support team to achieve client success
- Gain a deep understanding of typical business challenges faced by our customers to appropriately map features in their security environments
- Address and associate business benefits to align with emerging and evolving needs
- Identify risks to renewals with our clients on an ongoing basis and collaborate with internal teams to remediate client concerns
- Establish relationships with customer executive sponsors, speaking on a frequent cadence to strengthen relationships while uncovering new opportunities
- Monitor key performance metrics like customer satisfaction, renewal rate, upsell/cross-sell lead identification, reference-ability, renewal likelihood, adoption, consumption, and customer engagement
- Use key metrics to build a strategic plan to address decreases or negative changes in the metrics listed above
- 3-5 years working in pre-sales, account management, customer success, consulting or similar roles related to driving customer success and adoption
- Experience working with Cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) and in cybersecurity
- Previous experience with a SaaS solutions company and/or an enterprise software company
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with validated results working as a reliable advisor to drive business value for customers
- Highly data-driven with a dedication to following the process
- Passionate about driving and tracking a consistent engagement process with all customers in your portfolio
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment with constant change to address emerging security risks and challenges
- Flexibility for travel up to 25% of your time
- BS/BA or relevant experience preferred
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.