Customer Success Operations Analyst
Propeller is on a mission to take the guesswork out of moving dirt - reducing wasted fuel, time and money.
We do this through the power of maps. Our customers capture an accurate 3D version of their worksite with drones so they can understand and improve it. Over 10,000 worksites around the world use Propeller to track and manage their machines, plans and materials digitally, leading to better, faster and less wasteful decisions.
Everyone at Propeller is empowered to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We’re 100% about impact, 0% about ego and challenge ourselves to improve in everything we do. We take being a great place to work seriously and are proud to be recognized as a Fast Company and BuiltIn Best Place to Work. You can learn more about us on Glassdoor.
Working closely with the Director of Customer Success and the Customer Success Operations Manager, the Customer Success Operations Analyst will be the owner of data analysis and reporting, general Gainsight administration, process improvements, and documentation for the Customer Success org.
You will play a key role in the success of the CS team and ensure that our customer-facing staff, managers and leaders have efficient systems and processes and access to critical data and information that will help inform decisions about how we work with our customers and the overall team’s performance.
- Help support the systems, tools and processes that keep the global Customer Success org operating efficiently and at scale.
- Ensure the CS team has the data & information it needs to successfully support customers, and ensure managers and leaders have the data they need to make effective decisions and take informed actions.
- Assist the CS Ops Manager & Director of CS in determining the best key performance indicators to provide insights into customer relationship metrics, including renewals, up-sells, customer-facing interactions and activities, customer health, customer risk, support requests and product adoption.
- Develop reports and dashboards (in Gainsight, and other systems as needed) to facilitate the analysis of customer data and drive actions to proactively manage retention and customer risk across our customer base.
- Design, build, and measure scalable processes, workflows, and automations (in Gainsight, and other systems as needed) that enable the Customer Success team to deliver exceptional support to our fast-growing customer base.
- Create and maintain internal documentation such as playbooks, process flows, instructional material, etc.
- Partner with other Go-to-Market teams such as Sales, Marketing and Revenue Operations to identify opportunities for improvements to internal processes and the customer journey. This includes recommending and gathering additional data points that aren’t being used today to optimize the performance of the Customer Success team.
- Manage Gainsight data workflows and integrations and ensure we are using accurate and useful data to drive engagement with our customers.
- Provide general operational support to Customer Success team members as needed.
- Collaborate on key CS projects to determine business alignment, needs, and system requirements.
- Communicate effectively with CS Leadership about issues, risks, and opportunities identified for the CS org and use data to help tell the story.
- Assist the CS Ops Manager with day-to-day support of Gainsight users, including fielding questions, ad-hoc customizations, designing and implementing core functionality, workflow adjustments, end-user management, security, and permissioning.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of CS best practices and standardized procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- 1-2 years' experience in go-to-market operations (Customer Success, Sales, Professional Services, Support) in a SaaS environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience with CRM administration (Gainsight, Salesforce, Hubspot, or another industry-recognized platform).
- Strong reporting background using BI / visualization tools.
- Familiar with Customer Success strategies and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills & the ability to manage multiple projects, goals and priorities simultaneously with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with firm knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets and relational databases.
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies and training teams on new processes or changes to existing processes.
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to C-level.
Preferred, but not required:
- Salesforce or Gainsight certification is a major plus
- and has preferably had experience in a customer-facing role
- SQL experience is a plus
- Fully paid employee United Platinum PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 20 day paid vacation time per year with no accrual or carryover cap
- Employee share options
- Professional development budget and leave
- The opportunity to take part in our mentorship program
- Monthly telephone and/or internet allowance
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave policies
- Hybrid work arrangements and WFH hardware provided
About Propeller Aero
Propeller is for everyone, so come as you are. We value all types of experience, skill, and ability. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the requirements but still think this role would be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe that diversity in all its forms makes our team more interesting, creative, fun, and effective - this includes diversity of gender, culture, career background, lifestyle, and neuro-diversity. So bring your whole self to the application process and we will too.
If you’re interested in what life at Propeller is like, feel free to check out our employee-owned Medium blog page!