Customer Success Operations Manager
Want to work for a company where you can have a genuine impact, be passionate about what you do, and work with a great team of people? At FastSpring, we work hard while keeping a fun, collaborative, and casual atmosphere. Headquartered in downtown Santa Barbara, our offices are just a few minutes from great restaurants, shops and the beach. If you're highly driven and want to work at an exciting, fast-growing e-commerce software company, consider joining the FastSpring team. We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, growth opportunities, benefits and more for the right candidate.
The Customer Success Operations Manager mission will be to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer facing teams. You will report into the VP of Revenue Operations and will be their trusted partner in defining customer success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale.
This role will partner with peers and our VP of Customer Success to develop and execute functional strategic plans and objectives in support of our Company mission – “Empower our employees to build the world’s leading digital commerce platform and deliver the highest level of customer success”
If you have relentless desire to drive process and motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed technical support specialists while improving the customer experience then we want to hear from you! This is an exceptional career opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting: Create reporting for internal and executive use regarding the customer business. Create live dashboards and reporting within Gainsight and Salesforce.com to scale the adoption of these insights.
- Analysis: Track leading indicators of risk, growth, and upsell opportunity, and analyze them to understand the impact.
- Customer Lifecycle: Determine the timing and content of touch points for CSMs along the customer journey, to drive optimal adoption and net promoter score
- External Communications: Coordinate with 1:Many Communications lead (within CSM team) to synchronize email outreaches with CSM touch points
- Risk Management: Detect early signals of at-risk accounts, design playbooks for CSMs to address them, and provide a path to escalation
- Opportunity Management: Identify top candidates for up-sell and adoption initiatives
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet growth and upsell targets and deliver on customers’ needs, including processes for CSMs to:
- Relay customer feedback to the Product team
- Align with the Support team on a resolution of major cases and report bugs to the Engineering team
- Provide feedback to Sales on the readiness of our customers
- Help the Onboarding team overcome any delays in implementation
- Team Structure: Tier existing customers, assign them to CSMs, re-distribute workload as needed, and forecast hiring needs
- Compensation: Determine the metrics on which bonuses are based, and define targets for those metrics
- Enablement: Provide materials and data that help CSMs work more effectively
- Systems: Implement and manage software that facilitates CS Ops activities, primarily Gainsight and Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of customer service, client care and/or customer success experience
- World class problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, project management and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of CRM/Business Software in the capacity of a user, support, administrator or sales, preferably in a web delivery environment.
- SalesForce and Gainsight know how a must
- Passion for designing processes that scale
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Takes high degree of ownership over their work
- Strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments
- Ability to lead through influence
About the Company
Founded in 2005 and with thousands of customers worldwide, FastSpring powers the digital economy with a cloud-based e-commerce & subscription management platform that helps software & SaaS companies monetize their products and services online, and on a global scale. FastSpring provides an end-to-end payment processing, merchandising & fulfillment solution for companies that sell desktop software, SaaS, video games, e-books and other digital products.
FastSpring is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with FastSpring without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.