Director of Customer Success
Director of Customer Success
InnoVint is a growing software company, offering the wine industry’s leading wine production software solution. Our cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution helps commercial wineries’ wine production, winegrowing, governmental compliance, IT and finance teams manage the end-to-end operations of a modern, successful commercial winery. From vineyard to bottle to filing mandatory compliance reports with the TTB, InnoVint is modern winemaking reimagined! Watch this 5-minute video for a quick overview of the InnoVint platform in action.
We’re a passionate team focused on making it easier for winemakers to make great wine. Now we’re excited to be hiring our first Director of Customer Success. If you join us, you’ll lead our customer success team, implementing software industry best practices to ensure our customers are getting the most value and optimal benefit from our widely adopted SaaS solution.
Reporting to the company’s founder and CEO, the Director of Customer Success is a key, visible role with broad scope and impact. You’ll help define the optimal processes, procedures, systems and methods for customer onboarding and implementation, training and education, support, adoption and usage, renewal and expansion.
The wine industry is tight-knit and reference-driven. As InnoVint’s Director of Customer Success, you’ll ensure that we continue to enjoy the industry’s highest customer satisfaction and retention rates and that the most vibrant source of new customers is word-of-mouth referrals from our current, happy customers.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated success leading and managing the customer success team of a leading B2B SaaS solution provider, including overseeing implementation, training and/or education, support and account management.
- Experience as a customer success manager or leader of customer success managing a mix of both small and midsize business (SMB) and enterprise customers.
- Experience implementing systems and/or tools to measure customer satisfaction, adoption, usage, and engagement in order to measure the health of each customer.
- Before becoming a leader of customer success, a successful track record as an accomplished customer success manager (individual contributor).
- Comfortable managing a professional services organization to profitability and being accountable for renewal and expansion revenue.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a hands-on leadership role where leadership by example is required. You’ll work closely with customers, InnoVint’s customer success team and others in the company to ensure that our customers are the most successful in the wine industry. Some of the activities you’ll focus on include:
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success team, focusing on leading successful implementations, driving product adoption, leading a remarkable customer experience, and driving growth through both gross renewals and net retention improvements.
- Drive successful customer outcomes, product adoption and customer experience
- Lead the pres-sales technical assessment for enterprise accounts
- Influence future customer lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and referenceability
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle by designing and delivering programs and initiatives to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation and leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- Build and lead a world-class team:
- Recruit and develop a high performing team
- Develop a company-wide Customer Success motion, integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder teams (e,g., Marketing, Sales, Product, Engineering, etc)
- Foster collaboration within the InnoVint team and across customers
- Drive operational practices to track performance of teams and individuals
- Work closely with company leadership and our sales and marketing teams to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities.
- Drive account growth outcomes:
- Expand our revenue in accounts through new sales and up-sell opportunities
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Reduce churn and promote new business growth through greater advocacy and referenceability
- Deliver transformational leadership so that the team is highly motivated and engaged. Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Lead the transformation of our Customer Success team from reactive customer support to proactive customer success.
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate.
- Attend customer meetings and develop intuition about our customers, their hopes and dreams and how we can help them.
- Be a company builder - from culture to processes that make us more effective as a team
- In collaboration with our Product team, participate in Customer Advisory Board meetings with the world’s best and most innovative wineries.
- Participate in InnoVint Academy, training our clients to get peak value from our solution.
- Find clever ways to celebrate the team’s success at achieving important milestones.
- Develop robust measurement systems and reporting tools to clearly communicate how our customers are doing and how our Customer Success team is impacting them.
Who You Are
We know how special and unique you are. We bet you:
- Will become as passionate as we are about improving the lives of winery personnel via better software and services!
- Are a natural mentor and an effective, inspiring leader who thrives on developing others.
- Are ambitious and want to make a big impact on our company’s success.
- Are energetic and proactive: a driven, self-motivated, self-directed self-starter.
- Have off-the-charts intellectual curiosity.
- Think on your feet and can comfortably answer unexpected questions in real-time.
- Are an adept multi-tasker, comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Are productive working independently from a home office or co-working space. We have a small office in Portland, OR. If you live in the Portland area, we’d love for you to join us in the office there, but otherwise working remotely is fine with us.
- Have impeccable attention to detail.
- Authentic, active listening skills combined with intellectual curiosity and genuine interest in winemaking and winery operations
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You are clear, concise, and at times, persuasive and inspiring. As a distributed, mostly remote team, we excel at asynchronous communications and bet that you do too!
- Are flexible and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Are collaborative and want to contribute to the success of a team.
- Hold a BA, BS or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Have 2+ years experience leading a Customer Success team in a B2B SaaS company.
- Have an additional 2+ years experience as an individual contributor Customer Success Manager and/or Account Manager in a B2B SaaS company.
Familiarity with InnoVint or another modern wine production software solution is desirable, but not required. If you’ve ever worked a harvest/crush or have dreamt about being a winemaker, that would be ideal.
Does the Director of Customer Success Role Excite You?
If joining us as our first Director of Customer Success is something that excites you, send us an email to email@example.com. At InnoVint we value diversity and believe diverse teams make better products and contribute to more successful companies. Learn more about the company at https://innovint.us/careers.