Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
We’re looking for an experienced Gainsight Administrator to join our Business Systems Team within the Business Technology Organization. In this role, you would be engaging with multiple departments within Appian – with an emphasis on our Customer Success team – and be a subject-matter expert for Gainsight. To start, your primary activities would be maintaining and configuring our customer success systems to support corporate and departmental objectives. Over time, you can expect to expand your skillset and scope into other systems to achieve your desired career trajectory.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Provide Gainsight expertise and guidance to the Customer Success Systems team, including experience with deploying and maintaining Gainsight instances (preferably, Gainsight NXT)
• Own the day-to-day support, monitoring, and management of Appian’s Gainsight instance and lead the deployment of Gainsight platform solutions
• Contribute how to best leverage Gainsight and its capabilities, help establish operational controls to deploying and maintaining Gainsight, and ensure that Appian maintains up-to-date on the latest recommended Gainsight features and best practices.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
• A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and spearhead a highly visible effort.
• Full support in expanding skills beyond Gainsight -- you'll have direct influence in shaping how you want to grow on this team.
• Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
• A wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: Appian product training, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
• Unlimited (flex) PTO, remote/hybrid working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
• Bachelor’s Degree, B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred
• 2+ years Gainsight experience
• 1+ years in customer success, Sales operation or in a similar customer facing role.
• 1+ years experience with database technologies including SQL skills
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally, to understand business requests/requirements and translate them into Gainsight system perspectives and effective optimal use of applications.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to meet timelines, provide impeccable customer service in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and pick up new skills quickly
Nice to Haves:
• Gainsight NXT-specific experience and/or Gainsight NXT Administrator Certification is preferred
• Experience in Salesforce Administration and integrations is a plus
• Previous experience using and developing on a SaaS platform, preferably a low-code platform
• Experience with MySQL, MariaDB and BI a plus