Principle Client Success Manager, Enterprise
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 650+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Discover your purpose at work
If you’re a passionate problem solver and want to put your skills to use helping the world’s coolest companies do more good in the world, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a team with a 99% client retention rate — the highest in the SaaS space — so you can learn and grow with the best.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
A pinnacle career opportunity, Benevity’s Principal Client Success Manager (CSM) brings together their industry and business acumen to guide clients to achieve desired outcomes, maximize their value, and drive growth with Benevity’s product suite. A Principal CSM is responsible and accountable for their clients’ net revenue retention, client account strategy, NPS and program success. This individual sets the strategy and direction, drive action and progress towards strategic objectives and value realization by solving for the client’s business outcomes with multi-year goals.
This individual is strategically focused and should be comfortable developing and sustaining interactions with C-suite level executives, as well as Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program owners. A Principal CSM drives client program impact and acts as a catalyst to build strong and long-lasting relationships with our clients at all levels, turning them into evangelists and advocates (Raving Fans of Benevity - RFOBs).
As an extension of our CSM Leadership team, this individual also spearheads key projects and mentors other Client Success Managers to achieve outstanding results with their clients.
What you will do:
- Orchestrate an internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, challenge things that were never thought possible for a client’s program
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the industry, various successful CSR programs, Benevity platform suite, and guide clients on platform and solution decisions tailored to their needs to drive client adoption and ensure successful outcomes
- Drive client self-sufficiency by ensuring they understand Benevity’s cross-functional support structure and all aspects of our internal client ecosystem
- Consult with and connect the appropriate internal teams to solution client problems and acts as an escalation point to facilitate and resolve client issues
- Serve as the client’s advocate back into Benevity’s internal teams to ensure solutions and services are evolving to meet client needs
- Foster a trusted advisor partnership with the client right up to the executive level and align Benevity’s value to their key CSR and overarching business goals.
- Drive greater customer engagement across complex, global, or strategic clients by applying data insights, product, and industry expertise
- Identify barriers to program growth and develop effective strategies based in client research and industry knowledge
- Connect the client with their Benevity ecosystem peers to gain knowledge and best practices in client-to-client interactions
- Agree on business objectives with customer to build measurable success plans and multi-year goals
- Communicate realized program ROI leading to a frictionless renewal and ensuring retention of current client revenue
- Communicate potential program ROI to identify and foster cross-sell and up-sell growth opportunities at the appropriate lifecycle stage and in support of client program goals
- Execute regular program reviews with clients to identify sales, growth, and feature enhancement opportunities
- Collaborate with the Sales and Enhancement teams to identify/position/sell additional products, features and services
- Work with the CSM leaders to create value engagement frameworks, interpreting client’s performance and other relevant sources as an input
- Partner with other CSMs on prioritized clients to drive overall client adoption, enhance client success, and mitigate client churn risk
- Support and mentor fellow CSMs and clients to provide program consultation/expertise when needed
- Create repeatable/standard processes or strategies that peers can use to drive value
- Partner cross functionally to advocate for client needs and mobilize CSMs on Benevity initiatives
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent education
- 8-10 years of experience in B2B SaaS organization, with solutions of moderate complexity for enterprise clients
- Demonstrable history & results of increasing client satisfaction, adoption, expansion, and retention
- Strong client relationship building skills including empathy, humility, adaptability, poise, and persuasiveness
- Expert in working with/presenting to executives and C-level stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with strong judgement
- Resilient, and thrives in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while managing a diverse and full workload
- Excellent communication, management, and organization skills
- Ability to strategize and lead without authority an extended team
- Passionate coach & mentor to team members
- Able to own & execute internal projects to support ongoing changes in CSM team
- Team-oriented with a fun-spirit and sense of humour