Senior Customer Success Manager
Common Room puts companies in the driver’s seat of the modern customer journey by helping them tap into the product usage trends, social intent, and community conversations that fuel growth.
Today’s fastest-growing companies are user-led, but many organizations struggle to identify meaningful user signals and take action with full context. Common Room brings together all the user activity you care about in one place so you can track the entire customer journey, spot the signal from the noise, and take action and automate.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. And we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
Our customers are the heartbeat of our business, and we’re searching for a Customer Success Manager who will be a trusted partner to our customers and influence positive business outcomes.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed builder that is excited to partner with companies including Figma, Confluent, and Notion in their post-sales lifecycle. You will be a consultant to these customers, deeply understanding their businesses and needs in order to maximize the value they get from using Common Room. You will serve as the customer’s internal advocate and work closely with product, sales, education, and marketing to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in all we do.
You’ll play a critical role in shaping our customer experience—focused on creating meaningful interactions across onboarding, adoption, and business strategies for our customers and their users.
You’ll have the opportunity to define what Customer Success looks like at Common Room and in the category we’re creating. Few roles provide such a direct impact on the growth of the company. If this sounds like something you’re excited about, we’d love to hear from you!
How you’ll contribute:
- Build and nurture strong relationships with key clients, acting as their primary point of contact for strategic guidance and support.
- Oversee timely contract renewals and negotiations, and identify upsell opportunities based on customers evolving needs and our product offerings.
- Partner with key stakeholders and executives on how best to achieve their business goals, and remove roadblocks where necessary; this can range from product adoption, workflow mapping, community consulting, integration audits, and/or capturing product feedback
- Collaborate with clients to develop tailored account plans, including milestones, objectives, and success metrics, while continuously monitoring progress and adjusting strategies as needed.
- Proactively identify potential risks to customer satisfaction and retention, and develop mitigation plans to address issues before they impact the client's success.
- Represent the voice of the customer to provide insights to the product and development teams, contributing to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, product, and support teams to ensure a cohesive and unified approach to the customer experience.
You will enjoy being a member of our team if you:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting roles. SaaS experience is a benefit.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that inspire both our clients and your teammates, and the ability to convey concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand clients' business challenges and proactively identify opportunities for value creation.
- Proven experience in driving customer retention and expansion.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy building processes from the ground up.
- Experience working with Salesforce and other CRM or GTM systems.
- Experience in SaaS, technology, or software industries is preferred.
This position offers a competitive compensation range of $130,000 to $150,000 OTE, accounting for experience, qualifications, location, and includes significant equity ownership.
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Make it Happen - We are quick to take the first step, and prioritize decisiveness over fear of making a mistake. We don’t confuse motion for movement and we measure ourselves on impact over actions.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Long Term Care insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.