Senior Director, Customer Success Operations
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
As Senior Director, Customer Success Operations, you will have the opportunity to lead a core function that will improve customer experience and further enable the growth of Dataminr’s customer base. You have a passion for Customer Success and a proven track record of creating and evolving new and existing processes to increase efficiencies within a fast paced organization. You have a thoughtful and strategic approach to creating customer lifecycle solutions for companies large and small.
You will work across Dataminr’s private and public sector Customer Success teams to optimize processes, drive efficiencies, and improve the overall effectiveness of Dataminr’s global Customer Success organization. Partnering alongside Dataminr’s Customer Success Leadership team, you will help define Customer Success strategy and KPIs, and develop the cross-functional operating system to drive growth. You will identify the capacity, processes and tooling required to streamline workflows within our Customer Success organization, and collaborate with functional leads across the business to align on the Customer Success playbook and execution strategy.
- Lead and refine Dataminr's customer lifecycle process at scale, supporting the Customer Success team with insights and workflows to maximize customer retention
- Own the Customer Success technology stack, selecting the tooling and operational workflows required to optimize Customer Success processes and deliver customer engagement at scale
- Build & drive process, change management and operational efficiencies within Customer Success org
- Partner with the Sales Strategy team to define and track the key customer engagement metrics, including renewal/churn indicators, expansion and adoption trends, and lead the cross-functional communication of performance against these metrics
- Drive the creation and adoption of Dataminr's Customer Success playbook to ensure activation across the Dataminr product offerings, driven by Customer Success data & insights (ie product analytics, automated customer outreach, consumption metrics, integrations, etc)
- Partner with Customer Success and cross-functional leaders to earn credibility through your expertise on process and systems as a strong communicator and effective influencer throughout all levels of the business
- Lead with creative problem solving, understanding the inputs required to define the strategy while considering the holistic organizational operating system
- 8+ years of experience in a customer success operations, strategy and/or customer success leadership role, preferably within the B2B software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry or similar
- Passion for developing and implementing processes that scale, supported by technology - for B2B and B2G accounts ranging from small (1 user) to large (50k+ users)
- Ability to lead through influence, working alongside organizational leadership (Customer Success, Enablement, Operations, Product Management, and Executive Team)
- Enjoy "getting your hands dirty" by digging into sophisticated Customer Success operations
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and deliver the efficient operational solutions
- Proven track record of leading change management, building aligned tooling and developing methods to measure and systemize Customer Success KPIs for internal teams and customers
- Experience with Customer Success technology tooling (Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.)
- Compelling storytelling, with the ability to leverage data to drive action, including for non-analytical audiences
- Strong people management, coaching and development experience
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.