Gainsight™, the Customer Success company, announced today plans for its fourth annual Pulse Conference 2016, to be held from May 10-12, 2016 at the Oakland Convention Center in Oakland, CA. Pulse is the largest industry gathering of Customer Success professionals focused on enabling leading businesses to achieve financial success by driving success for customers. Previous keynote speakers have included business luminaries such as Geoffrey Moore, Malcolm Gladwell, and Michael Lewis. In its first three years in market, Pulse has quickly become the destination conference for the Customer Success industry with an incredible attendance growth of 580% from 300 attendees in its first year to over 2,000 in May of 2015. The inaugural conference in London, held this past October, drew almost 500 attendees from the Customer Success community in Europe. The popular conference series is a key area of investment for Gainsight, who recently announced $50M of Series D financing led by Insight Venture Partners.
“We’re thrilled that Pulse Conference has become the biggest Customer Success conference in the world, not as an indicator of a successful event, but rather, as a reflection of the excitement and passion evident and palpable for those of us in the Customer Success community,” said Anthony Kennada, vice president of marketing at Gainsight. “We challenged ourselves to rethink the way conferences are produced and to partner with our host city to create opportunity and awareness for local nonprofits and small businesses while delivering a first-class event experience. We’re excited to bring Pulse to Oakland and to play a small part in the emerging stories of both communities.”
Gainsight announced that Pulse Conference would relocate from its previous home in San Francisco across the bay to Oakland in order to scale operations. Located in the heart of downtown Oakland, the Oakland Convention Center is just minutes from San Francisco and features 64,000 square feet of convention, exhibit, social gathering and meeting room space. Gainsight has also secured a complete buy-out of several hotels in the area — including the adjacent Oakland Marriott City Center — and plans to secure adjoining street closures in the surrounding neighborhood of Old Oakland. Beyond the benefits to scale and proximity via public transportation, the decision to move Pulse Conference to Oakland was underscored by a shared passion with Gainsight for building and celebrating community. This shared value system is what inspired Gainsight to debut a revolutionary new business model for hosting large scale conferences focused on driving community success for both attendees and the host city.
New Conference Model for Driving Community Success
It’s all too often that when companies enter a market, their presence is disruptive to the local community. Companies are tasked with the responsibility of being good stewards of the community in which they operate — whether an industrial community or geographic. One of Gainsight’s core values is Success for All, and that conviction led the company to create a brand new model for hosting conferences – debuting at Pulse Conference 2016 – that focuses on driving success for both the community of attendees as well as the event host city.
- All Profits Donated to Support Local Nonprofits. All revenues from ticket sales and sponsorships in excess of expenses on the conference operating budget will be donated to local nonprofits in the host community.
- Local-First Approach to Selecting Conference Vendors. Conference organizers will take a local-first approach to selecting vendors for event operations. Since the list of vendors for any large-scale event is quite long, the intention is to create opportunities for local small businesses.
- Shop Local Experience. A marketplace and entertainment venue will serve as the cultural heartbeat of the conference and showcase local artists, apparel designers, musicians, food trucks, and more.
- Step Forward Day in Community. Conference organizers will partner with local nonprofits and charitable organizations to create an opportunity for attendees to step forward into the community one morning during the conference and volunteer their time and resource to serve others.
- Community Connect Exhibition Hall. Select local nonprofits will exhibit at the conference in order to drive awareness of their social mission and create opportunities for their members such as internships and mentor recruitment.
“The City of Oakland is one of the most vibrant, and dynamic places on the planet. We are a city of incredible infrastructure, which encourages social connection and supports neighborhoods, job creation and healthy living,” said City of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf. “We are thrilled to partner on this mission with Gainsight by bringing the Pulse Conference home to Oakland. Not only because of the customer-first vision that they bring to our community, but also because of their commitment to doing it in a way that generations of Oaklanders, whether life-long residents or newcomers, can and will directly benefit from this new prosperity.”
Gainsight Vault Integrates Best Practices into the Gainsight Platform
Gainsight leads the Customer Success movement through its Pulse initiatives, bringing executives and practitioners together to share ideas and best practices around Customer Success. This focus has positioned Gainsight as a thought partner and leader on capturing and facilitating these best practices in the community. The company is now making investments to make it even easier to implement best practices within their teams.
The company announced today Gainsight Vault — a new product that integrates Customer Success best practices directly within the Gainsight platform. The Vault will continually be updated to incorporate processes contributed by Gainsight and the broader Customer Success community. Gainsight customers can leverage a vast library of customer management practices organized by product areas, industry and use cases. Gainsight Vault makes collaboration and knowledge sharing within the Customer Success community actionable by empowering Customer Success teams to apply:
- Customer Success Playbooks by scenario, industry and segment
- Survey templates for a variety of use cases
- Collection of Rules, CTAs and playbooks to drive processes in your business
- Reports and Dashboards for measure and monitor your business
- Collections of best practice assets by industry and use case
For More Information:
- Register now for Pulse Conference 2016: https://www.gainsight.com/pulse/
- Learn more about Gainsight products: https://www.gainsight.com/customer-success-products/
- Join Gainsight’s growing team: https://www.gainsight.com/careers/
Gainsight™, the Customer Success company, helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight’s product helps you touch customers effectively, track customer health consistently and transform the way your company orients around the customer. Gainsight provides a 360° view of customers and drives retention across Customer Success, sales, marketing, executive and product management. Learn how leading companies like Adobe, Box, DocuSign, HP, Marketo, Nutanix and Workday use Gainsight to help their customers succeed at www.gainsight.com.
Connect with Gainsight: