Gainsight, the Customer Success company, today announced a new era of Customer Success technology that goes beyond data or analytics to make Customer Success and Account Management teams the quarterbacks of customer relationship action. Enterprises such as Adobe Echosign, Angie’s List, and Bright Horizons quickly empower their success, sales, service, and marketing teams with proven playbooks and context to drive account growth and loyalty. Enhanced capabilities include a Matrix Intelligence Layer to recommend most effective actions for automated workflows in Customer Lifecycle Cockpit, expanded Sponsor Tracking to humanize customer relationships, and Smart Scores to reaffirm data intuition and ensure automation rules stay relevant.
Gainsight also announced that it raised a $25 million Series C financing round led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from Lightspeed Venture Partners, and the addition of key executive hires VP of Products Karl Rumelhart and VP of Sales Mike Schmidt. Rumelhart joins from VMware and Schmidt from Oracle to accelerate Gainsight’s product development and customer community.New Gainsight Customer Success Platform Amplifies Action
Hinged on the 360° view of customer data aggregation and analytics, early customer success efforts stopped before finishing the race. Gainsight’s next-generation customer success platform helps companies grow revenues faster by enabling their other front-office teams to spend more time on customer-facing activities rather than data analysis or manual information gathering.
“As our growing client base demands more personalized and informed interactions, Gainsight is the anchor for our teams’ interactions with them,” said Shuang Stoppe, Senior Director of Growth Operations at Bright Horizons. “Our account managers, support specialists, sales teams, and the leadership will be able to focus on revenue-driving human interactions instead of internal prep work.”
Gainsight 2.0 includes:
- Matrix Intelligence Layer: Gainsight’s Matrix Intelligence Layer supercharges your teams’ revenue-driving actions. The engine informs multiple customer success junctures- most effective actions, early warnings, and triggered actions in other systems – so your teams can focus on delivering customer value across the entire lifecycle.
- Sponsor Tracking 2.0: Gainsight’s Sponsor Tracking 2.0 provides precaution against the number one cause of churn—an executive sponsor’s departure. Extending previous functionality to monitor company and title changes, Sponsor Tracking 2.0 crawls Facebook and Twitter to further humanize your customers.
- Smart Scores: Gainsight’s Smart Scores reaffirm your intuition and ensures your automation rules stay meaningful. Run explanatory regressions on your integrated customer outcome and behavior data to surface the precise factors and magnitudes that predict health. Turn insights into action via your Customer Lifecycle Cockpit.
- Gainsight Connect Console: Gainsight’s Connect Console helps enterprises get value quickly and adapt to new customer data sources. Administrators can easily schedule and monitor data loads, map fields and connect data sources, and take programmatic action on once-siloed data.
- Gainsight Email Services: Gainsight’s Email Services extends the reach of each Account and Customer Success Manager. In addition to bidirectional integrations with marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, customer teams can also use Gainsight to send automated email templates to nurture advocates, de-escalate risks, or initiate upsell cycles.
Delivering on its mission to incorporate superior data science and analytics capabilities into its products, Gainsight has expanded its leadership and technical team with Karl Rumelhart as VP of Products and Mike Schmidt as VP of Sales.
Karl will lead Gainsight’s expanded product vision and execution for a comprehensive customer success platform that help customers take action. Karl has held senior product and marketing roles as an early employee at VMware, leading product management for VirtualCenter, driving the acquisition of SpringSource, and leading the vFabric business unit. Karl has also run product teams at enterprise social pioneer, Jive, and predictive analytics pioneer Infer. Prior to his software career, Karl was an academic mathematician, lecturing at Stanford University after receiving a Ph.D. from Harvard University.
Mike will lead Gainsight’s Sales, Business Development, Alliances, and Solutions Consulting teams worldwide. A 20+ year veteran of the Enterprise technology business, Mike’s most recent experience includes leading Customer Experience (CX) Enterprise sales teams at Oracle. Prior to Oracle, Mike was an early leader at RightNow Technologies helping grow the business to $240M and 2,000 customers resulting in RightNow’s acquisition by Oracle for $1.5B. Prior roles included senior sales positions at The TriZetto Group and INFOTrust. Mike holds a degree in Business Administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
“There’s no doubt that customer analytics carry significant influence in Customer Success, but the data is only as good as your team’s ability to interpret and take action against it,” said Nick Mehta, CEO at Gainsight. “We are introducing a new paradigm of Customer Success technology with Gainsight 2.0, where robust analytics and predictive workflow together arm Customer Success teams to drive favorable customer outcomes and become best-in-class.”For More Information:
- Learn about the Gainsight 2.0 product announcement: https://www.gainsight.com/customer-success-2-0
- Meet with Gainsight at Dreamforce on October 13-16: http://bit.ly/1txyfvv
- Join Gainsight’s growing team: https://www.gainsight.com/careers.
Gainsight, the first and only complete Customer Success solution, helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. The company’s SaaS solution is 100% Salesforce native and uses predictive analytics to drive revenue from sales, usage, support, survey and other sources of external customer data. In this way, Gainsight provides a 360° view of customers and drives retention across Customer Success, sales, marketing, executive and product management. Learn how leading companies like Angie’s List, Castlight Health, Marketo and Informatica use Gainsight to help their customers succeed at www.gainsight.com.Connect with Gainsight:
Samantha Wheatley Marketing Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 615-497-1153