Our CEO, Nick Mehta, recently sat down with Harry Stebbings, UK-based venture capitalist and podcaster to discuss all things mental health.
In February 2021, Harry stepped away from his role at the firm he founded Stride.VC. Today, Harry is focused on his podcast, “The Twenty Minute VC” and running his micro fund, 20VC.
In This Episode with Nick Mehta You Will Learn:
- When did mental health really become a prominent thought for Nick? When was the first time Nick feels he really showed true vulnerability in leadership?
- Self-Worth: What does Nick do when he questions himself severely? How does he talk to his wife about these challenging thoughts? What are the dangers of people-pleasing? How does Nick try and counter people-pleasing in his role as a leader?
- Identity: How does Nick think about his own identity when it is so attached to Gainsight? In what ways does he try to detach? What has worked? What has not worked? How have children helped Nick in this way?
- Striving: Why does Nick believe that hunger and striving are fundamentally a good thing? How does Nick try and factor gratitude and appreciation into the work and success he experiences? How does Nick encourage this same striving in his children?
- Relationship to Money: How would Nick evaluate his relationship to money? How has it changed over time? How does Nick try to imbue the same values he had growing up in his children? Does Nick believe it is possible to “change” your children and have that impact?
Check out the episode on the 20VC website, or listen below: