Vice President of Customer Success
We believe that customer success is a growth engine for our business.
Do you enjoy delivering top-notch customer experiences, have a strong passion for leadership and mentorship, appreciate the importance of data-driven decisions, and are committed to offering such valuable resources that customers never want to leave?
Then you're going to LOVE this opportunity at Keeping Current Matters.
But we must come clean…the title of the position we hope you can fulfill is actually our Vice President of Member Success.
At KCM, our customers are more than just people who subscribe to our product. We refer to them as Members because they are Members of the KCM community. We partner with our KCM Members to help families feel confident when buying and selling a home.
The KCM Vision
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
Since 2007, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to educate their clients on the process of buying and selling a home. We believe in education. When real estate agents are equipped with hyper-relevant, easy-to-understand, powerful insights about the housing market, they're empowered. They're able to help their clients make decisions they feel proud of.
As Vice President of Member Success, you'll contribute to our vision by:
- Executing the strategic vision for the Member experience, Member education, and Member support.
- Driving free trial conversion, Member retention, and expansion through scalable Member Success processes and achieving time to value as quickly as possible.
- Transforming our product-led, digital-only growth model to incorporate group sales and traditional CSMs.
- Effectively working cross-functionally to drive initiatives.
- Being the Voice of the Member, aligning all departments around Member needs and value moments.
- Maximizing value for our Members by effectively addressing their pain points, adapting to their preferences, and aligning with their aspirations throughout their journey with us.
- You are results-oriented. You set aggressive goals for yourself and your team. You love the challenge of doing what it takes to reach your goals and crush them.
- You are a proven builder. You have helped successfully scale SaaS teams and are ready to be an integral part of our growth strategy.
- You are passionate about people and customer service. You have strong empathy for the Member and their success.
- You are someone who seeks to understand. You consider yourself curious by nature and desire continuous learning and improvement.
- You are data-driven & proactive. You leverage customer data to help offer proactive and personalized value.
- You are a champion for teamwork. You're a practical and productive collaborator with the ability to drive cross-functional initiatives and engage others.
- You multiply people. You know how to challenge your team with the right projects that will best leverage their talents and stretch them to grow.
- You navigate ambiguity with confidence. You possess the ability to make informed decisions and guide teams effectively, even when all the pieces of the puzzle are not immediately apparent.
...then this is the job for you!
As our VP of Member Success, you will:
- Be a key member of the KCM leadership team, reporting to the EVP of Growth.
- Lead the Member Success department, including Member Support, Member Experience, and Member Training.
- Drive Member outcomes, product adoption, Member experience, and expansion revenue.
- Partner with Marketing, Content, and Product teams to maximize KCM’s effectiveness in amplifying our value to Members and prospects.
- Create a company-wide Member feedback loop, identifying Member pain points, and needs to inform the product roadmap.
- Stay on top of industry trends and implement emerging technologies to drive maximum value for Members while gaining internal efficiencies.
- Implement scalable "Tech Touch" success model-based systems, processes, and communication to help KCM grow its active Member base by improving free trial conversions, retaining current Members, and growing lifetime value.
- Define Member segmentation and develop different strategies and journeys to help each of them achieve success.
- Define, track, and own department KPIs and goals.
For success in this role you'll need:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a SaaS recurring revenue business model.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving revenue growth through renewals and expansion, with a strategic vision that encompasses sales, Customer Success Managers, and enterprise-level engagement.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and the ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building and motivating high-achieving teams.
- A proven track record in building multi-channel Member onboarding and journeys.
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for delivering Member value and revenue growth.
- Previous experience working in a Customer Success model covering a combination of Tech-Touch and CSM success model.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with ChurnZero (or a similar Customer Success platform such as Gainsight or Planhat), HubSpot, Recurly, or Zendesk.
The Whole Package:
- Location: Richmond, VA (Monday - Thursday: in-office, Friday: optional remote day)
- Competitive compensation package with performance bonus
- Health Insurance on your first day with employee premiums covered 100%
- Vision & Dental Insurance Available
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (immediate vesting)
- Annual personal growth budget to purchase books, educational subscriptions, etc.
- Take it when you need vacation policy from day 1
KCM has been certified as a Great Place to Work for 7 years and has been recognized five times on Fortune Magazine’s Annual 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ list. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
At Keeping Current Matters, we care about people. That’s why we’ve intentionally designed a culture-forward organization that is driven by our desire to educate ourselves, our members, and each other. We are built upon a shared set of core values that are designed to fill you with drive and compassion. You won’t just find these values hanging on an office wall, but you will find them in each of us. Together, we strive for excellence. We are strategic. We are game-changing. We are ambitious. We take risks. And we have fun! So, if you’re someone who is determined to make an impact, thrives on open and real communication, and aspires to be part of an empowering team that redefines what’s possible, then Welcome to KCM.
KCM is an equal-opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.