Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company focused on developing digital learning tools, virtual reality and interactive content across mobile devices that provides teachers an easy and efficient way to leverage technology in the classroom by creating learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in the K-12 market. It is currently used in 1 out of 10 schools in the United States by over 100K teachers and 5M+ students. 2017 marks the second year in a row that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies list and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod has offices in Miami, Florida and San Francisco, California. The company is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, as well as Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Aventura, FL (or remotely-based)
Nearpod is experiencing rapid growth and is looking to add a Director of Professional Services to the senior management team to take our partnership with school districts to the next level. Nearpod’s new Professional Services (PS) team will become districts’ go-to partner in their digital transformation. In this exciting new role, you will design the Nearpod PS offering and marketing strategy, build a team, drive sales, and support implementations at Schools and School Districts around the country and internationally.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in professional services who has led implementations of new technologies at both the school and district levels. We seek a hands-on leader ready to build, manage, and expand billable services to enhance the value of the Nearpod platform and enable even greater levels of customer adoption and value realization.
Our Director should feel comfortable with and have meaningful experience interacting with School Leaders and School District administrators in planning and executing on most of all the key components of a new technology implementation in schools, including product training, teacher professional development, technical implementation, roll-out plans, digital curriculum, etc. Due to extensive experience, this Director should have a deep understanding of classroom dynamics and be able to anticipate teachers’ needs.
- Develop and manage the P&L (budgets, sales forecasts, etc.) for a new Professional Services group
- Design our PS offerings and methodologies
- Recruit and mentor a national team of high performing PS consultants
- Develop engagement plans, schedules, success criteria, and milestones to ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop collateral and execute campaigns
- Work with the Sales team to qualify, scope, and prioritize opportunities to ensure adequate project backlog exists to sustain the business
- Partner with our Customer Success and Product teams in creating the PS offering, the implementation and ongoing development
- Based in the Aventura, FL office (strongly preferred)
- Up to 50% travel required, depending on the needs of the organization
- 5+ years as the client-facing leader of successful Professional Services operations in K-12 education required, ideally involved in the implementation of a SaaS edtech involving digital curriculum
- Prior experience writing SOW’s and leading implementations
- Experience owning a P&L
- Strong understanding of the US K-12 system; international experience is a plus
- Comfortable leading pre/post sales discussions with all levels of customer resources, from technical to executive levels
- Strong understanding of contracts, staffing, service delivery, performance and operational excellence.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and detail-oriented thinking skills with a creative spirit that is contagious
- The ability to operate in a highly efficient manner by multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Ability to create a direction for the PS team, and be flexible to the ever-evolving nature of a startup environment
- Experience and comfort communicating professionally via polished presentations, phone, well-crafted emails, meetings and customized materials.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through direct reports and others
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills with the ability to thrive in a small company environment, while delivering services to large school districts
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required; Master’s Degree or greater is strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.