At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are looking for a proactive individual dedicated to establishing long-term B2B relationships with our clients to drive retention, expansion, and end-user engagement. You will work closely with BioRender users to ensure they have the most optimal experience using our product.
Our ideal fit:
- A continuous improvement approach: You have a growth mindset, and you’re open to coaching and continuous feedback
- Exceptional customer curiosity: You are genuinely interested in learning about the clients we serve, their goals, and their science communication pain points.
- Flexible, with outstanding organization and prioritization skills: You can use a compelling process to stay productive and prioritize based on the changing needs of our customers and our projects. You are flexible, can quickly establish creative solutions to complex problems and are not afraid of pivoting.
What you’ll be doing:
- B2B Client Relationship Management: Uncover our full-serve customer needs through discovery calls, maintain partnerships with our high-spend clients and proactively promote ongoing engagement with end-users
- Driving Account Management: Proactively reach out to clients & decision-makers to position yourself as a trusted and strategic partner and encourage the renewal of annual subscriptions
- Client onboarding: Provide personalized training to clients by delivering webinars specializing in science communication topics (figures for grants, publications, etc.)
- Be a BioRender Product Expert: Speak to new and existing users of our platform to showcase new features
- Act as an Interdepartmental Liaison: Connect with various internal teams to ensure the customers’ needs are being fulfilled, contribute to the product, and assist other teams
- Create BioRender Champions: Cultivate customer advocates, understand user-critical use cases for product feedback, engage with customers for speaking opportunities and run marketing activities (for example: email campaigns, appcues, and case studies).
What you bring to the table:
- 1+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience in customer success or account management for a SaaS company is a plus
- BSc. or Masters in the Life Sciences or relevant experience in science knowledge translation
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
What you can expect from our interview process:
- Introductory calls: We will set up a 20-30 minute phone call with one of our recruiters, Ashley, and the hiring manager, Fran, during which you’ll have the opportunity to share more about your experience and interests. You’ll also learn more about BioRender and the team you’re interviewing with. Feel free to ask any questions throughout these calls!
- Practical interview: You’ll be completing a two-part exercise so we can see your skills in action and give you a realistic role preview. This exercise includes a take-home assignment as well as a live mock call, conducted with Fran and a member of our CS team.
- Work history interview: This is a conversational interview with Fran and Sarah or another member of our CS team. They will review your past work and educational experiences in chronological order: there’s no need to prepare much in advance, other than giving some thought to your past roles - what you did, who you worked with, high points and low points, etc.!
- Final interviews: You can expect to meet with some of your potential colleagues and the Head of Customer Success, Mark.
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.