Customer Success Practitioner/Consultant (part-time)
ESG is searching for a part-time Customer Success Practitioner/Consultant to join our team! We’re growing quickly and seeking additional delivery capacity to execute our established Customer Success as a Service® (CSaaS) model. This role would begin as part-time to manage immediate needs but has the potential to evolve into a full-time permanent role if desired. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing high-trust relationships with ESG clients, measured through overall program progression, project completion, and relationship health. This is a highly strategic role, where you’ll build relationships with, and provide best practices and recommendations to Executive-level stakeholders at global Enterprises and/or rapidly growing SaaS startups.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong background in building and executing Customer Success programs, with an excellent track record of managing the retention and growth of Enterprise and Mid-Market accounts. As a Customer Success Practitioner/Consultant, you will take a hands-on approach advising, designing, developing, implementing, and testing assets, processes, and artifacts that clients will use to build a scalable Customer Success practice.
What you’ll be doing:
• Own the creation of foundational elements of a scalable Customer Success program in collaboration with ESG client stakeholders, including (but not limited to) Organizational Charter, Segmentation, Constructing Financial Models, Engagement Models, Defining CS Metrics and Reporting/Dashboards
• Conduct and facilitate interactive workshops to engage a cross-functional audience, completing deliverables that represent a shared vision across relevant stakeholders
• Design and document an ideal Customer Journey for all relevant segments based on an established foundation and shaped by client feedback
• Enable ESG clients to implement processes that reflect Customer Success industry best practices, including process development and change management as processes are rolled out
• Continuous improvement of all established assets, processes, and artifacts
• Focus on establishing, maintaining, and growing broad and deep relationships within each customer account
• Develop advanced account strategies that drive success through delivering value and insight relevant and unique to each customer
• Facilitate executive meetings that measure progress and business impact
• Drive objective achievement through disciplined project governance, planning, and organization - setting objectives through the development of actionable steps with assigned owners, timelines, and measurements while anticipating and removing roadblocks and orchestrating multiple resources
• Uncover organic opportunity through analysis, inquisitiveness, and a deep understanding of your customer’s business
What will make you successful:
• Extensive experience in Enterprise Account Management and/or Customer Success, including both retention and growth
• Successful experience managing a portfolio of clients consisting of large global companies with a high-level of complexity, focus, and intensity
• Experience creating foundational elements of a Customer Success organization, such as defining charter, segmentation, personas, and engagement models, and constructing financial models, customer journey maps, change management processes, etc.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
• Ability and willingness to work independently with minimal supervision on company-wide initiatives and work multiple projects simultaneously
• Capability to handle a varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
• Ability to get things done through formal channels and informal networks
• Experience with one of more Customer Success platforms
• Experience in a services or consulting environment is a plus
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office is a must, familiarity with CRMs, CS platforms, and other supporting tools are a plus
• Creative thinking
• Thinking conceptually and practically
• Communicating clearly and empathetically
• Collaboration with all job levels
• Organization and time management
Pay Range depending on experience: $80 - $115 an hour.
ESG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ESG’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.