At Box, customer success is our #1 priority. And as customers transform and modernize their businesses - increasing the productivity of millions of global employees - there is no team more important than the Customer Success team to help guide our customers along the journey. The Technical Account Manager is a critical hire, tasked with ensuring the success of some of Box's most strategic customers as they build mission critical applications on the Box Platform. A TAM at Box will ensure that Box customers are successfully and seamlessly developing high-value applications on the Box Platform and identify opportunities for delivering future value alongside the Customer Success Management, Consulting and Account Teams. The TAM is expected to collaborate closely with Box's most strategic customers and to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Box platform and enterprise IT tools, technologies and priorities. In this role, you will build relationships with customers and their key stakeholders, share technical and strategic knowledge, champion customer concerns, manage customer expectations, and take responsibility for their success developing on the Box Platform. The ideal TAM is a team player, is well organized and efficient with their time, is committed to exceeding expectations, enjoys scaling new businesses and processes and is effective at communicating and building relationships. In addition, the TAM will help develop and grow Box's TAM program, building tools, processes and best practices that ensure scalability and success, and communicating with Box leadership on progress.
Why the team needs you
Box's Platform business is growing rapidly and the time to make an impact is now. Customer Success teams, from Box Consulting to User Services to CSMs are all aligned to ensure successful outcomes from the thousands of customers building against the Box Platform, but we need you to operationalize the team's efforts and deliver the technical direction Box customers need to be successful. As a technical voice with a direct line to Box customers, you'll have influence over Box's post-sales support strategy and help create the tools and processes necessary to ensure long-term success.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. Box's Platform business is growing rapidly and we need to give customers the tools, information and support they need to be successful. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
As a TAM, you will be collaborating closely with Box's most strategic customers and demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the Box platform and enterprise IT tools, technologies and priorities. You'll work cross-functionally with the Platform Product team, Customer Success and Sales teams and influence strategic business decisions across all three. The visibility of your work will extend to senior leadership, and you'll have opportunities to build tools and processes that are fundamental to the long-term success of the TAM program. You will own the ultimate success of some of Box’s most strategic customers, taking responsibility for the complete post-sales lifecycle of their portfolio from onboarding to project execution and leading to customer delight, project success, retention, and renewal.
Who you are
You are driven, organized and eager to creatively solve complex problems. In addition to understanding the Box platform and enterprise IT tools, technologies and priorities, you have the ability to see the bigger picture, manage time against multiple projects, plan for long-term outcomes and bring in other experts as needed. Additionally, you are able to:
- Build, develop and navigate trusting relationships with key IT and business stakeholders to understand their top business goals and priorities.
- Leverage relationships to develop expertise on each customer’s unique implementation of the Box platform in order to provide expert advice and oversight during the build phase of a project.
- Identify key business process areas and IT trends that create opportunity to use the Box platform in customer accounts.
- Lead Technical Health Reviews, provide ongoing monitoring and deliver recommendations that are specific to a customers’ business needs and use of the Box platform.
- Work with a broader account team to strategize and collaborate on solutions.
- Build scalable tools, processes and health metrics and asist in growing Box's TAM program alongside the rapidly growing Box Platform business.
Here's the fine print:
- You have strong technical literacy including development experience with Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), using JSON, as well as experience designing REST APIs. CS Degree is a plus.
- You are a project manager at heart and are comfortable working as part of a team with diverse skills, methods, and communication styles. Your follow through is impeccable, and you don't let anything slip through the cracks.
- You are experienced in customer-facing presentations, have strong communication skills and have a track record of working with executives.
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the enterprise.